Vector Math Poster Contest
I'd like to see what sort of math diagrams people are capable of. So, I am kicking
off my first Math Poster contest.
- Depending on the number of entries received,
the first prizes will be anywhere from $100 (if less than ten people enter) to
$500 (if more than a 100 people enter).
- There is one major rule -- your submission
must be entirely in Vector
format. If it uses any raster material at all, it's disqualified.
- An entry
should be a single page Math poster, suitable for hanging up in a high
school or college math room, or suitable in a background image in Numb3rs,
or usable as part of a background screen or slideshow. Preferably all 5.
- The poster should have have some manner of math illustration or illustrations
in it, along with a good explanation of the concept.
- If you use a reference,
note the reference on your poster.
- Final deadline is August 1, 2006. All decisions of the judge are final. Entries
will likely be published on mathpuzzle.com, and possibly other sites.
- The formats I
prefer are SVG (favorite), PDF, EPS, DXF, AI, EMF, SWF (in that order).
- Send all entries to email@example.com,
with Subject Poster:<title of your poster>.
- Let me know what program/method you used to make your poster when you submit
your entry. If you use a program that generates a vector poster, such as TeX
or Mathematica, include your program.
me your math posters! Both TpX and Inkscape might
be useful, but any
vector program may be used.